Sunday, June 29, 2008

Some website changes

Howdy, and happy weekend. I've updated the DepDef website a bit. It used to be written with a future view, e.g., "changes are coming" to the manner in which indigent parents in dependency cases will get counsel, and "how we can all work together" and that sort of thing.

I am very, very sorry to say that the working together thing never got off the ground. It never got onto its tiptoes, even. For those who've read me mentioning it before, I'm sorry for the repetition, but I've been disappointed to have my offers to help the new RCs be ignored for the past year. And any reading of the comments to a couple of posts ago will show you that there is a lot of Us vs. Them-ism going on.

Since the situation is somewhat different, I've made minor changes to language on the website. I just thought I'd let you know. I've also gotten rid of the attorney directory entirely, in favor of a link to this blog. Thank you very much to all who got listed, and the even more who asked to be listed. It was simply too difficult to keep it updated properly and I don't imagine that it was driving a whole lot of paying business to anyone anyway.

I will revisit the directory in the future if the message board or some other form of dependency defender community gels and gets more active.

No comments: