Monday, April 14, 2008

You're welcome, I guess

There's an article about the 1st RC office in the Panama City News Herald today.

I liked this part:

“There have been enough private attorneys on the conflict list in Bay County so that up to this point, they’ve been able to shoulder the load until we’re up and fully running,” he said.

In other news, you may have noticed that took the week off from blogging. The serialization of the "ethics complaint email" will resume shortly. I think.

In other other news, I had a conversation today with one of our judges about JAC potentially "cracking down" on conflicts being declared between parents in dependency cases. I've discussed in several past posts exactly why there is nearly always a conflict, so I won't rehash that again just now. I'll just opine that appointing one attorney for all parents as a matter of policy is going to cause good ethical RC attorneys a lot of sleepless nights worrying about compromising their obligations as attorneys.

No comments: