Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My email to the new Regional Counsels

I've just sent the following to three of the five newly named Regional Counsels. I will post any replies I get with their permission. I could not find an e-mail address for two of the five, Jeffrey Lewis and Jeffrey Dean, so if anyone can help me out there please contact me at cam @ dependencydefense.com (remove spaces):

Dear Sir:

Please allow me to extend my congratulations on your appointment by Governor Crist to the Office of Criminal Conflict and Civil Regional Counsel. I know that many in the community of private attorneys serving parents in dependency cases look forward to working with you and doing what we can to help your success in maintaining quality representation for parents in Chapter 39 matters.

I am building a website called DependencyDefense.com, and would like to post accurate information about you and the office you are building both on its blog and on the site itself. If there is a particular bio or website that you would like for me to link to so that dependency defense counsel can get to know more about you, please let me know. In addition, I would like to interview you about how you intend to approach the child dependency portion of your new duties for posting on said blog (dependencydefense.blogspot.com). If you are willing to be interviewed, I can do so either by telephone or e-mail, according to your preference.

If I can be helpful in discussing dependency cases or in the training of the lawyers you hire to handle dependency cases, I and others in the dependency defense community would be pleased to be a positive part of the challenge before you.

No comments: