Sunday, August 12, 2007

Dependency Defenders -- how you can help

As I noted below, blogging has been slow. One reason is that my family has taken priority over blogging for the last few weeks. Another reason is that there is simply no news to pass on. There have been no significant press releases or articles in the last few weeks about the selection process of the regional counsels, nor any about how the new offices of are taking shape. At least there haven't been any that I have found.

I do think about dependency defense constantly, however, and am anxious to flesh out the dependencydefense.com website. So here is what you can do to help, if you are inclined:

1. If you are a private attorney who intends to start or continue to take court appointments in dependency cases, and wish to be included on the dependencydefense.com site as part of an attorney directory, let me know via email. Those who already have done so, I still have your information and will put it all up when I have some more.

2. The website will soon include a library of appellate opinions in .pdf format that will cover basics that a defense attorney should have ready at the various stages of a dependency case. It would be great if those of you out there in this field of law in Florida would contribute. Do you know of a must-have opinion that ought to be included? Please let me know via email.

3. Are you interested in joining a message board for dependency professionals, or even of joining this blog as a co-blogger? Let me know.

To email dependencydefense.com, use the address cam @ dependencydefense.com, and remove the spaces.

No comments: