Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Discipline via nozzle

The attorney mentioned in this now nation-wide story is a colleague of mine. As with most of these things, they only become visible stories when there is video.

Here's the question for you commenters: does this appearance on Good Morning America increase the pressure on DCF to remove the child?

I've wondered about the wisdom of appearing on national television on behalf of a client ever since the "baby in the oven" case highlighted by Nancy Grace on CNN. In that case I elected to keep things out of the media circus. In some ways I regret that, as I can't even get the local paper (Orlando Sentinel) to acknowledge the fact that the family in that case has been successfully and happily reunified. In most ways I don't regret it, since keeping the national news story alive longer would have made negotiating with DCF more difficult.

What do you think?

No comments: